Friday, July 20, 2007

When It Rains It Pours

Ever have one of those days where you wish you wake up and it's just a dream? dont you just hate those days?

1st of all I think I figured out where the term "waking up on the wrong side of the bed" comes from:
the "wrong side" is the side that the baby's crib is on. I dont think there's any worse way to start your day then waking up 1/2 hour before your alarm to deal with a screaming baby. -especially when you didn't fall asleep until 3am the night before.

which brings me to a side point: who came up with the saying "sleeping like a baby"? I want to meet that baby. seriously, in my experience babies wake up every few hours and often are woken up by the slightest noise.
the saying should really be "sleeping like a teenager" Teenagers sleep 15+ hours straight easily, (my personal bests: 18 1/2 hours straight or 22 1/2 hours in a 24 hour period) and it's almost impossible to wake them up.
(boy do i miss those days...)

OK back to the point.
so finaly I'm done with the baby (I dont remember exactly what happened, probably my wife finished with the other kid so I dumped him on her) I'm thinking to myself: ok, well the bright side is that things can only get better...

wrong.

do you know the feeling you get when you turn on your computer and something got messed up so bad that you cant even load windows? (I hope you dont and never will know)
B"H I have my computer set up in such a way that this not much of problem, really only a minor annoyance. (my OS and all my programs are on one hard drive, all my data on other drives. I have a image of the drive with the OS and just reformat it if i have any problems, other than a few minor settings that were set since i made the image I'm basically right back where I was.)
Of course it took a lot longer then it should've to restore my computer, but eventualy I did it. I load up windows and I start getting excited, thinking my problems are all fixed and I can finally get to work.

wrong again.

Well everything went well until I tried to check something on my external hard drive.

there's nothing that ruins your day like realizing you have 300 gig of corrupted data on your hands.
to make a long story short I spent an hour and a half running various utilities trying to fix the disk but all to no avail. I guess the bright side of it is that anything on there thats really important I have another copy of. other than 60 gig of music and similar stuff I think I'll be alright.

but you always need to look at the bright side of things: at least my day didn't get any worse after that...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sleeping like a baby means to get up and cry every hour

July 22, 2007 10:46 PM  
Blogger Lei-Lei said...

wow! some good writing on here! I recognize other peoples blogging names from other blogs. Its like one big happy blogging family out there! Maybe you should make a reunion and invite everyone over to your house for shabbos or something...I always wondered-these people communicating and relating to one another on line-would they ever talk to each other in real life? just a thought...

September 06, 2007 1:23 AM  
Blogger Menucha photography said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 31, 2008 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home